Gift cards are the go-to gift for almost everyone. When you have to find a gift for a co-worker, don’t know what to get a picky teenaged niece or nephew, or when you need a last minute gift for that unexpected guest. Gift cards sales spike during the month of December as do their use during the month of January.
If you’re considering giving gift cards you may already know that it’s good to read the fine print as some may have restrictions or fees that the user will have to deal with. Another way to find the best cards is to figure out which ones could benefit you. You may have seen that some retailers are giving out cards with certain purchases, but many restaurants are also offering bonus cards with the purchase of a gift card.
- At Benihana, buy a $50 gift card and receive a $10 card for yourself to be used between January 2nd, 2013 and March 31st, 2013.
- Know someone who loves sports and wings? Buffalo Wild Wings is giving out mystery bonus cards to anyone who buys $25 worth of gift cards. The bonus cards could be worth up to $100.
- At Ruby Tuesday buy $25 worth of gift cards and receive a $15 coupon to be used next year.
- The purchase of $100 gift card at Outback Steakhouse gets you a $25 gift card to be used next year at Outback and sister restaurants like Carraba’s and Bonefish Grill.
- Darden restaurants such as Red Lobster, Longhorn Steakhouse, and Olive Garden will also be giving out bonus cards with the purchase of gift cards.
- At Chipotle score free food with the purchase of a 30 gift card by December 31st. You will need to bring back your receipt for the gift card in order to collect your free burrito, tacos, or bowl.
- Receive a $10 bonus card when you buy a $50 digital gift card for Applebee’s. You must use the $10 bonus card by February 28th, 2013.
If you’re considering giving out gift cards do your research and see what other retailers and restaurants might be giving out cards to those who buy them. Although it’s the season of giving, sometimes it’s nice to get something for yourself too.