Phone, tablet, and computer apps can keep us busy for hours, most notably with games. It has been found that users spend more time using apps then browsing the web and about 50.4 percent of cell mobile users were using smart phones to stay connected. For some, apps are a source for building and growing a business. There are millions of apps out there and many of them are dedicated to helping business owners stay on top of things.
Social media apps such as Facebook, Twitter, and LinkedIn are important if you’re working on growing your brand and connecting with others. Many productivity apps are useful as well; here are five apps for the small business owner on the go.
- OneReceipt – For many business owners, keeping track of receipts is not an easy feat. With OneReceipt you can store all your receipts in the cloud. If you receive e-mailed receipts then you can easily link your email up to the app. Hard copies can be stored after you take a picture of the receipt. The app is available on the iPhone, but users can also sign up online and email their receipts to the main site to stay organized.
- Square – Whether you’re a consumer or small business owner it’s likely you’ve seen or used ‘Square’ before. This easy to use card reader can be adapted onto your iPad or iPhone. Swipe credit and debit cards with ease and collect payments right from your mobile devices.
- Go ToMeeting or Skype – If you find yourself away from your small business a lot, having a way to communicate with your employees is important. Chat with them face-to-face or hold meetings using Skype or Go ToMeeting. Each app has its own unique features so its up to you to figure out which one works best for your business. They are both available for iPhones, iPads, and Android devices.
- Dragon Dictation – Anyone who has a smart phone knows that typing an email, text message, or notes can be somewhat time-consuming. Dragon dictation makes it easier to do each of these tasks, as well as update your Facebook and Twitter feeds. The app is fairly accurate and could cut down some of the time it could take you to send out that important email. This app is only available for the iPhone though.
- DropBox – This is great for sending and receiving documents, your files can easily be uploaded, stored, shared, and accessed from all your devices or home computer. The app is available for Windows, Mac, Linux, smart phones, and tablets. The first 2GB are free and from there you can upgrade for more storage space.
There are hundreds of useful apps available for small, and large, business owners. This is only a small list of apps that could help you manage your business; there are many apps that are geared towards specific industries. If you’re considering applying for a start-up business loan, or in need of a business loan, AmOne can help you get matched with one that could be right for you. AmOne is America’s one source for all things money; find out how to reach us and learn more about how AmOne can help you today.