According to the 2009 Census, there are 21.9 million military veterans in the United States. If you’re not a veteran, then you more than likely know one, whether they are a co-worker, a friend, or a family member. What are the options after service? Once you’ve fulfilled your duty to our country, do you go into public service? Private business? Or do you form a small business of your own?
If you are a veteran who wants to create a new business or to expand your existing business, there are a variety of programs available to you. For example, the U.S. Small Business Administration offers simplified and expedited loan procedures for veterans and active duty military personnel. In particular, their Patriot Express Pilot Loan Initiative is made for veterans and members of the military community wanting to establish or expand small businesses.
Military community members that may be eligible for the program include:
- Service-disabled veterans
- Active-duty service members who are deemed eligible for the military’s Transition Assistance Program
- Reservists and National Guard members
- Current spouses of any of the above
- The widowed spouse of a service member or veteran who died during service or of a service-connected disability
If you’re eligible for a Patriot Express loan, some of its uses include:
- The costs involved with a start up business
- Purchasing equipment for your business
- Real estate purchases that are business-occupied
- Expansion or growth of your small business
- Preparing your business for the possibility of your deployment
- Setting up to sell goods and services to the government
- Recovery from declared natural disasters
We could never thank you enough for your service to our country. One of the ways in which we can repay our debt to you is to help you realize your dream of starting your own business or to grow your existing business. AmOne is here to help you. We’ve helped veterans and active duty military personnel managing their finances, consolidate their debt, and to obtain loans. There are financial solutions that are customized for active duty, reserve, and veterans. At AmOne, we know where to look and who to ask. If you have questions, we can help. Our knowledgeable associates are ready answer your questions on money management, financial planning, debt consolidation, credit repair, and more. AmOne offers solutions; your call to us is free and we won’t try to sell you anything. Find out how to reach us and learn more about how AmOne can help you today.