Now that Halloween is over its time to start focusing on the next big holiday, Thanksgiving. This past week Thanksgiving recipes have been one of the most searched topics online. As one of the biggest holidays of the year, the amount of money we spend on Thanksgiving has grown over the years.
Did you know that there are four cities in the United States that have the word “turkey” in them? There are also two different Plymouths, but only one Plymouth rock. Let’s take at some other interesting Thanksgiving numbers.
- Most popular pie: Pumpkin, followed by pecan pie and sweet Potato pie.
- Americans are most likely to have 4-8 people at their Thanksgiving dinner; about 28% are expected to have over 12 people!
- 48% of people bake their turkeys while 1 in 10 people forgo having turkey on Thanksgiving. Ham is another popular protein.
- The majority of hosts start prepping for the festivities the night before, while a small percentage actually start prepping the week before.
- The top kitchen gadget to have on Thanksgiving: a double over. Other tops gadgets include a food processor, mixer, and fryer.
- 55% of people think they consume up to 4,000 calories on Thanksgiving, on average Americans consume about 4,500 which is the equivalent of 14 slices of pumpkin pie.
- On average is takes hosts 7-8 hours to make Thanksgiving dinner, it’s basically a full-time work day.
- Stove Top sells approximately 60 million boxes of stuffing during the holidays.
- 41% of people make Thanksgiving Day dinner by scratch.
- The price of Thanksgiving dinner is set to rise by 28 cents this year.
What are you Thanksgiving numbers? Let us know what your holiday plans are below.