On November 6th, 2012 millions of Americans will be at home awaiting the biggest announcement of 2012. On the eve of Election Day many are sitting pretty if they got their early or absentee votes in, others might be dreading the lines they await.
Whether you’re voting in the morning, afternoon, or evening once you’re out of the polls you’ll be able to breathe a sigh of relief. No more billboards, TV commercials, and Facebook posts about which candidates to vote for and why; you’re done. Now it’s time to relax and enjoy some of the discounts and freebies retailers are giving out on Election Day!
- JetBlue Election Protection. Looking for a free trip? JetBlue is running a promotion where you can “vote” for your political party and then choose from several destinations to fly to. If you’re candidate loses you could win a free trip to the destination you chose; 1,006 tickets will be given out. So if your guy loses and you need to get away for a while, why not fly for free.
- If you’d rather drive away for a few hours, ZipCar is offering a 50 percent discount during their “Zip to the Polls” promotion. Any member who makes an hourly reservation on Election Day between the hours of 5 a.m. and 9 p.m. will receive the discount. If you want to get away for a few extra hours, the regular rates will apply only to the additional hours you book.
- Buy 1 Get 1 at Boston Market. On November 6th consumers can cast a vote for their favorite Boston Market bowl. The following day a winner will be announced and participants will receive a coupon for a free market bowl with the purchase of a market bowl and drink.
- Free Yoga Classes. Lululemon is teaming up with yoga studies in Washington D.C., Maryland, and Virginia to offer free courses for those who need to de-stress after the election on November 6th. Check the Lululemon blog to find a location near you.
- Free small Pinkberry giveaway. On November 6th Pinkberry fans can post pictures and vote for their favorite flavor on Twitter. Each participant using the correct hashtag will be entered in a raffle to win a free small yogurt with toppings; 10 winners will be chosen at random.
- Donate to Pet Partners’ Veteran Programs with Purina. The pet food distributor is pitting cats against dogs for their election. For every vote they get Purina will Purina will donate $1, up to $100,000, to Pet Partners’ Veteran Programs, helping U.S. veterans who need assistance.
- Free donut at Tim Horton’s. The northern chain will give anyone with an “I Voted” sticker a free donut with the purchase of any beverage on November 6th.
Many of these deals are being advertised nationwide, but local deals are also being offered. Check your local newspaper or favorite websites to see what deals you might be able to enjoy on Election Day.